– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
SUNGLORY Women's colorblock Geometric Sweatshirts Raglan Hoodies with PocketsSunice Women's Rachel S3 Insulated PantSUNNOE Women's 3 4 Sleeves Summer Fashion Floral Printed Casual Party Maxi Long Dress Beach Dress Floorlength DressSUNNY Retro Women's Polarized Driving Sunglasses AntiGlare UV400 Predects The Eye Skin (color C)
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Sunnygirls Black HiLo Elegant Lace Prom Evening Gowns for Women
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Sunrise Outlet Women's Retro Western Shirt Star Design
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Sunset Blvd Hudson Jeans Womens Standard Nico Midrise Super Skinny 5 Pocket JeanSunsets Womens Bardot Bikini TopSunsets Womens Standard Forever TankiniSunvary Maxi Pageant Cocktail Homecoming Prom Dresses Junior Bridesmaid Gowns
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Super Pink adidas Women's Limitless 1 2 Zip Long Sleeve ShirtSuper Unisex America Vetra Black Deep Bottled Green Barberini Glass LensSUPERMODEL Ladies LIME Biker Style Designer Real Nappa Italian Leather Jacket
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Surf Shades Bonsai Vince Camuto Womens Square Neck Bikini Top Swimsuit Bikini TopSurface to Air Women's Platinum Top 36 BlackSurnoy Ladies Wallet, Long Leather, Covered Handbag, Seventy Percent Off Embroidered Wallet, Black, Pink,Pink
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Sunglasses Diesel DL 166 DL0166 90Q shiny bluee green mirror? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
SurpriseShow Women Coats Denim Jacket Winter Big Fur Collar Hooded Fur Denim Plus Velvet Long CoatSusa 100% Baumwolle Cotton White Non Wired Bra 9617Susan1999 Blazer Jacket Women's Double Breasted Metal Lion Buttons Blazer Outer
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Susana Monaco Womens Flutter Dress DressSusana Monaco Womens Sasha Off The Shoulder Dress DressSUSIELADY Women Blazers Two Pieces Solid Work Office Lady Suit Formal Blazer Jacket Outwear Coat