– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Colosseum Womens USF South Florida Bulls Long Sleeve Raglan Tee ShirtColour Works Women's Sleeveless Printed Vest SweaterColumbia Bryce Canyon Cropped Full ZipColumbia Pearl Plush II Fleece Jacket
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Columbia Sportswear Women's Crosslight II Half Zip Fleece Jacket
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Columbia Sportswear Women's Silver Ridge Multi Plaid Short Sleeve Shirt
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Columbia Women’s Powder Lite JacketBlack MColumbia Women's Arctic Air OmniTech Ski Snowboard PantsColumbia Women's Bugaboo OmniHeat Pant, Thermal Reflective WarmthColumbia Womens Easy Out Tote
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Columbia Womens Grandeur Peak Jacket Shell JacketColumbia Womens Live The JourneyTM Fleece TShirtColumbia Womens Outerspaced Ii Tank Shirt
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Columbia Women's Plus Size Optic Got It ii Hooded JacketColumbia Womens PlusSize Silver Falls Long Sleeve Shirt Plus SizeColumbia Womens Shining Light Full Zip Jacket Sweatshirt
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | colorful Dream Winter Hooded Coat for Women wrap Coat with Zipper Autumn Spring Fashion Patchwork Woman Coat? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Columbia Womens Sustina Springs Long Lined Windbreaker WindbreakerColumbia Women's Villa Park Waterproof Mid Hooded Jacket (XS, Nocturnal)Combo T Maison Scotch Silky Feel Sleeveless Printed Womens Summer Dress
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Comfortable Arm Warmer Leg Stocking Button Foot Cover Knitted Wool Boot Cover Lace Twist Warm Foot Cover European and American (color Red)Comfortable Big Pocket Long Sleeves Hooded Thick Coat Winter Warm Windproof Sweet Women Long Sections Down Coat (color bluee, Size L)ComfyWomen African Style Print Fishtail Draped Hollow Bodycon Evening Dresses