– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Cosabella Womens Evolution P U Bra Push Up BraCosabella Womens Laced N Aire Nursing Cami LingerieCosabella Womens Monti Soft Bra BraCosabella Women's Never Say Never Sweetie Soft Bra NEVER1301 Nude Bra
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Cosabella Women's Plus Size Minoa Soft Bra Extended
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Cosabella Women's Soire Boyleg Shortie
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Cosabella Women's Talco BoyBrief PantyCoshow Women's Lace PJ Sleepwear Shorts Set Racerback Tank & Short Pajama SetCosmo Pink Trina Turk Womens Bubbly Ladder Stitch Pull on Short ShortsCosta Del Mar Saltbreak 580G Polarized Sunglasses in Silver & Green Mirror Lens
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Cosygal Women's Side Hollow Out Sequin Leggings Pants Bling Tights Long TrousersCotton Candy Womens HiLow Floral Wrap DressCotton Lane Blouse Flax Peter Pan Collar
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Cotton Lane White Nightdress Womens NightieCotton Sisters Alpha Phi Rally ShortsCOUCOU Age Renaissance Medieval Dress Lace Vintage Princess Dress
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Coral XSWPL Girls Sweet 16 Birthday Party Dress Ball Gown Beads Prom Quinceanera Dresses? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Coutgo Womens Casual Long Bat Sleeve Knitted Open Front Kimono Cardigans CoatCow Leather Wristlets for Women Fashion Envelope BagCowgirl Trendy Butterfly Design South Western Cross Body Messenger Bag with Conceal Carry Pocket, Medium
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Cozy Zoe Womens Young American Nightgown NightgownCrafat Women's Leather Jacket Black Slim fit Biker Genuine Lambskin Jacket (64)Craft Sportswear Women's Essential Running and Training Outdoor Fitness Workout Reflective and Windproof Winter Pants dryfit cool lightweight predection sun athletic athleisure quick wicking performance exercise trail