– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Cotton Pajamas Women's Spring and Autumn LongSleeved Pajamas Set Loose Casual Women's Home Clothing (color Black, Size XXXL)Cotton Sisters Kappa Alpha Theta Rally ShortsCottonSnaps Sunglasses Straps Patchwork Gingham Limited EditionCouple Pajamas Set gold Velvet Long Sleeve Nightgown Marry Casual Home TwoPiece,Female,L
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Couture Crystals Feather Fascinator Wedding Bridal Sash Belt Ivory
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Cow Leather Multicolor Womens Fashion Wonder Real Leather Jacket Multicolor
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
CowCow Womens Lined up Tankini Top with Panty Two Pieces Swimsuit Swimwear Set, XS3XLCowhide Genuine Leather Fashion Zipper Buckle Belt Metalic Top Handle Bag Bright orange 25cmCP & YR Mini Top Hat, Antique Red and Ivory Tea Cup hat, Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter Hat, Tea Hat,Mad Hatter Tea PartyCrafat Women's Leather Jacket Black Slim fit Biker Genuine Lambskin Jacket (27)
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Craft Performance Run Light Jacket WCraft Sportswear Women's Ride Commuter Bike and Cycling Reflective ShortsCraft Women's Fuseknit Comfort Zip Long Sleeve Base Layer Wicking Top
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Craghoppers Ladies Kiwi Prostretch Congreenible TrousersCraghoppers Womens Ladies Madigan Classic III JacketCRAZY Women's Sportswear Set Gym Jogging Bra Outfit Racerback Leggings Top+Pa...
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Cosabella Womens Sterling RBack Cami Pajama Top? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Crea Concept Women's Cable Knit Jumper OchreCreabygirls Women's Plus Size Fashion Stripe Halter Top Two Piece Tankini Swimsuit Boyshorts SwimwearCream JENNIE LIU Women's 100% Pure Cashmere Long Sleeve Crew Neck Sweater
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Cream T Tahari Womens Lightweight Stretch Puffer Down Alternative CoatCreazioniinpelle Women's Leather Biker Moto Jacket Made In Crew Clothing Sandford Womens Jumper S S 18