– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Cozy Couture Juniors Novelty Plaid PajamasCpurple Ri Yun Womens Prom Dresses Long Sleeve Lace 2018 Illusions Back Pearl VNeck Formal Evening Ball GownsCrafat Women's Leather Jacket Black Slim fit Biker Genuine Lambskin Jacket (59)Craft Hale Glow Bike Cycling Reflective Sleeveless Full Zip Jersey
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Craft Sportswear Women's Intensity Nordic Cross Country Skiing and Training Softshell Jacket
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Craft Thai Silk Authentic Women's Batik Scarf 100% with Sweet Of Dahla
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Craft Women's Us Ski Team Leisure Hoodie, Deep, MediumCraghoppers Women's Bingley II JacketCraghoppers Womens Ladies Lumeah Hybrid JacketCrazy Dog Lady Beige Funky Junque Womens Baseball Cap Distressed Vintage Unconstructed Embroidered Dad Hat
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
CrazyTiger Women Casual Slim Double Breasted Long Sleeve Lapel Cardigan Overcoat Tops OvercoatCrea Concept Women's Oversized Linen Pinstripe Shirt WhiteCream bluee Lion Print Thick Small Silk Square Scarf
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Cream Mix umgee USA Women's Plaid & Gingham TopCream Weiwei Ladies Silk Shawl Silk Scarf Send Friends and Family Lightweight and Breathable 180CM65CMCreazioniinpelle Women's Leather Biker Moto Jacket Made In
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Cotton Lane Blouse Flax Peter Pan Collar? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Crest Design Water Repellent Nylon Multipurpose Daypack Backpack Crossbody Shoulder Bag Handbag (Large, purple Red)Crimson Keepsake The Label Womens Romance Long Sleeve V Neck Gown with Front Twist and Slit DressCrocodile Mid Black Famous Designer Luxury Women Leather Handbags Fashion Smile Face Tote Quality Trapeze Smiley Clutches Bolsa Feminina Middle Black
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Cromoncent Women Qipao Floral Printed Slim Fit Irregular Splice Swing Pleated DressCromoncent Womens Faux Fur Hooded Warm Solid Belt Parka Coat OuterwearCromoncent Womens Solid Lapel Loose Button Elegant Thick Outwear Pea Coat