– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Cross Vintage Women's Clutch Bag Evening Bag Dress with Embroidered Pearl Small Square Bag for WorkCross Women's Wallet Super Popular Large Capacity Folding Wallet Leather Cowhide Card Storage Long Wallet for Work (color bluee)Crossbody Bag Handbag New Designer Messenger Bags Genuine Leather Bags for Ladies Female Fashion Woman Bag ShoulderCrosshatchblack Flower Handbags for Women Top Handle Shoulder Bags Satchel Tote 2 Pcs Purse Wallet Set Boston Bags
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Cruciani Women's CDJLIG32blueE bluee Linen TShirt
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Cruiize Womens Fashion Comfy Slim Fit Long Sleeve Solid Tops Tshirt
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Cruiize Womens Warm Double Breasted Lapel Solid Pea Coat Jacket OutwearCrystal Case Womens Cotton Rhinestone Cross Cadet Cap Hat (Black)CRYYU Women Autumn Pu Leather Lapel Zip Up Sleeveless Solid Pocket VestCSBLA Women's Cite Zip Cardigan
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
CTARCROW VNeck Long Sleeve Women's Solid color Cable Knit Sweater for Winter (color Wine Red, Size S)CTO Evening Dress Temperament Elegant Fishtail Sling Lotus Leaf Skirt Slim Party DressCTO Women's VNeck Beaded Mesh Dress Short Evening Dress Ailin Home
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Cueros Latinos Woman Fur Winter Hats in Genuine Shearling Sheepskin Leather Beanie StyleCULTRO Women's Printed Crop Top Original Prints Made in NYC.Cupcakes and cashmere Womens Bensen Velvet Blazer Blazer
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Criss Cross Strap Activewear Fashion Sports Bra Caged Lounge Bralette with Ruched Detail? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Cupcakes and cashmere Womens Deliz Asymetrical One Shoulder Shift Dress Cocktail DressCupcakes and cashmere Womens Jaida Dress W Mesh and Lace DressCupcakes and cashmere Womens Lorena Striped Knit Dress Casual Dress
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Camel Souieyshop New Cashmere Jackets Long Loose Double Breasted Camel Wool Coat Woolen Trench CoatCameo pink Natori Womens Flora Unlined Uw BraCamii Mia Women's Winter Mid Rise Slim Fit Skinny Fleece Jeans