– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
ChuangYing Dress, Sequined Slim Apricot Sleeveless Mesh Sling,Sexy DressChuiqingnet Hat female autumn breathable camouflage cap outdoor color Fashion Cap wrinkled skin cap flat top hat BeachChuiqingnet Men's and women's autumn and winter leather hat caps beretCHULLO cap hat ALPACA RUSTIC hand made in PERU
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Church123 Dress Vintage Polka Dot White Black Printed Bodycon Women Summer Short Sleeve Plus Size Long Maxi Dress
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
CHX Scarf Winter Thick Elastic Force Classic Stripe Young People Keep Warm 180cm×30cm V (color bluee)
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Chynna Dolls Swimwear Black Wrap Halter High Waist One PieceCidere Women Sweet Floral Dress Long Sleeve VNeck Ruffled ALine DressCIKRILAN Women's Soft Shell Windproof Outdoor Fleece Lined Jacket Ladies Coat (Purple, Small)Cinder pink French Connection Womens Lassia Lace Flowy Top Blouse
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Cinq a Sept Whiteley DressCiONE Off Shoulder Bridesmaid Dresses Long Prom Dress A LineCIRCLEWLD Beading Top Two Piece Prom Dresses for Women Long Formal Evening Gowns Satin P82
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
CIRCLEWLD Sweetheart Floor Length Tulle Ball Gown Evening Dresses Wedding Bride Prom E155Citron Tribal Womens Super Stretch Pull on Short ShortsCJC Sun Hats Sun Hat Ladies Summer Beach Crimping Cap Full UV Predection for Women Girls (color 2)
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Chocolate Plum 90 Degree by Reflex High Waist Cotton Power Flex Leggings Tummy Control? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Ckuvysq Women's Long Sleeve Elegant Cross V Neck A Line DressCladiyaDress Women Halter V Neck Short Bridesmaid Dresses Prom Gowns C270LFClaret LilySilk Women's Silk Shirt 22 Momme 100% Pure Silk Button Down Tops Long Sleeves
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Clarisse Sequin Cocktail Dress 2048Classic 8 Inch Retro Hippi Style Crossbody Sling Bag Shoulder bag Women's Saddle Bag Purses with Flap Top & TasselClassic Microfibre Support Bra White Skin US