– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Classyak Women's Western Fringed Top Quality Real Leather JacketClava ID Wallet Keychain, BlackCLAYTON Womens Dori Floral Print Halter Swing Dress DressCLAYTON Womens Parker Jumpsuit Jumpsuit
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Clean white Joie Womens Anjanique B ButtonDown Shirt
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Clear Weiwei Ladies Silk Shawl Silk Scarf Send Friends and Family Birthday Gift 90CM90CM
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Cleo by Panache Womens Koko StraplessCliptype sunglasses Polarizing clip lenses for male myopia Night vision sunglasses for female drivers,DClothespin ARIAT Women's Ideal Down VestClothink Women Velvet Button Front High Waist ALine Mini Skirt
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Cloud To Rain Coat Leather Grass Fox Fur Collar Wool Fur Coat,White,One SizeClub Ride Women's Double Time TightClutch Me By Q Garden Party Beaded Envelope Clutch, Tulips
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
CNFIO Women Maxi Dress Cold Shoulder Short Sleeve Side Pockets Loose Casual PlainCoast Oak Clothing Women's AntiMicrobial Stretch Wrinkle & Stain Resistant Del Mar Scrub Pants BlackCoastal bluee Women's Swimwear High Neck Crisscross CutoutSide colorblock One Piece Swimsuit
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Clamshell Sunglasses Tide Fashion Wild Star Models Glasses Elegant Personality Sunglasses Men and Women? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Coat Jacket, Woolen Coat, Plaid Woolen Coat, Female Autumn and Winter Long Students Over The Knees XQYCoat Japanese Autumn and Winter Loose Contrast color Baseball Uniform Hooded Student Jacket Women's Clothing,Black,M DEEDCobalt Xcessoire Womens 5 8 Skinny Suede Belt
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Cobama Womens Hood FullZip MidLong Winter Loose Anorak Jacket OutwearCOCCINELLE Wallet METALLIC SOFT Female Leather purple E2DW5116601V02Coco Reef Women's Bra Sized Wrap Bikini Top Swimsuit