– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
NEXLOMOS Womens Spaghetti Straps Credver VNeck Split Side Maxi Prom Slim Fit DressNext Level Women's Extreme Sporty TShirt (Pack of 10)Next Level Womens TriBlend Racerback Tank Top 6733Venetian Grey (3 Pack)NEXT Womens High Tide Soft Cup Tankini Tankini Top
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
NFL SAN FRANCISCO 49ers Satchel Purse Crossbody Bag blueEmbroidered Logo
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
NHL Women's Shadow Triblend Long Sleeve Raglan
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
NIC & ZOE Women's Traveler Turtleneck Top PlumNIC & ZOE Womens Coastal Top ShirtNIC & ZOE Womens Falling Studs Dress DressNIC & ZOE Womens MidCentury Dress Dress
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
NIC & ZOE Womens Petite Size Perfect Pant Modern Slim Ankle PantsNIC & ZOE Womens Ruffle Cuff Jacket JacketNIC & ZOE Womens Time Change Cardy Cardigan Sweater
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Nic + Zoe Womens Fringe Fall Faux Fur JacketNic+Zoe Ease Peplum Tank Black OnyxNIC+ZOE Womens Elegance Tank Top
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | New Womens Lambskin Leather Slim Fit Motorcycle Jackets LFW163? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
NIC+ZOE Women's Vivid Rouche Top Seafoam MediumNICE' living hall Lingerie Set Sexy Hollow deep V Gathered lace Embroidered Bra, no Steel Ring, Adjust The Chest Shape, Four Rows of Three Buckles. Comfortable (color Black, Size 75B=32B=70B)Nicefashion Double Straps Sweetheart A Line Prom Dress Long Formal Evening Gown with Pockets
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Nicelly Womens Casual Workout Jean Jogger Sweatshirt SetNicole Kiefer Design A Dolphins Ocean Women's All Over Print Casual JacketNicole Miller New York Womens Essential Slim Fit Ankle Pant Casual Pants