– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Noelle Solid Layering Boot Sockblack Karl Lagerfeld Paris Womens Tweed Open Front Jacket Sport JacketNoize women Women's Winter Jacket, Faux Fur Fixed Hood, Faux Leather Trim ParkaNomination Women's 044609007 Silver Metal Bracelet
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Nonwe Women's PlusSize Retro Print Two Piece Pin up Bathing Suits Swimdress
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Noppies Women's Maternity Jeans OTB Skinny Avi
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Nordic Way One Piece Jump In Suit Adult Fleece Jumpsuit Comfy Romper Unisex PlaysuitNorma Kamali Womens Bernie One Piece SwimsuitNorma Kamali Womens L O N G S L E E V E W a T E R F a L L D R E S S DressNorma Kamali Womens Racer Fishtail Gown Combo Dress
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Norma Kamali Womens Sleeveless Midcalf Fishtail Dress DressNorma Kamali Womens Tara Top BlouseNorth End Ladies Pulse Textured Bonded Fleece Jacket
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
North Face Thermoball Full Zip Jacket Womens Style Ctl4Norwex Crossbody Bag & Coin PurseNoureda Sterling Silver Three Line Round Cz Tennis Bracelet with Bracelet Width of 7MM
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | NiuBia Womens Fall Cardigans Sweaters Open Front Long Sleeve Oversized Cable Knit Loose Coat with Pockets? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
NOVIA Women's Off Shoulder Satin Prom Dresses with Pockets Long Evening Formal GownNOVICA Black Knit Poncho, 'Black Reality Squared'NOVICA Red Hand Beaded Cotton Batik Shoulder Bag, 'King's Bird'
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Now and Forever Women's Sweetheart Lace Ball Gown Wedding Dress Ruffles Organza Bridal GownNSSBZZ Beautiful Women Sexy Blonde Blonde Long Dress golden XLNuBra Beach2 Teardrop Silicone Enhancer Pads B206A and Cleanser N112