– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Norma Kamali Womens Elephant Pant PantsNorma Kamali Womens Low Back X Mio Wh One Piece SwimsuitNorma Kamali Womens Ruffle Halter Mio Mini Dress One Piece SwimsuitNorma Kamali Womens Sleeveless Elephant Dress with Skinny Belt Dress
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Norma Kamali Womens Standard Rectangle Jog Jumpsuit
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
North Carolina Tar Heels Womens DriFit Athletic Shorts with Brief Lining
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
North End Sport Ladies Axis Soft Shell Jacket Graphic AccentsNorth Face Womens Tonnerro Jacket Rabbit Grey (XLarge)Norwegian Wood Womens Metallic ALine Top Brown Small, LargeNoTrax 194SDD35RD DND (Do Not Disturb) Printed Floor Mat, 3' x 5', Red
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
NOVIA Women's Long Bridesmaid DressesNovia's Choice Women Shiny Sequin Spaghetti Strap Skirt Glitter Sexy Backless Mini DressNOVICA Burgundy Soft Knit Bohemian Drape Poncho, 'Peruvian Roots'
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
NOVMAY Women's Bodycon Knitted Dress Side Slit Long Sleeve Midi Dress Ribbed Stretchy Jersey Dress Stripes SweaterNRS Dear John Denim Womens Dear John purple Royal Sleeveless TunicNSSBZZ Beautiful Women Sexy Blonde Blonde Long Dress golden XL
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Nobody Womens Issy Distressed Raw Hem Straight Leg Jeans? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Nubian Skin 712083A Women's Caramel ThongNude Obey Womens Lockport Crewneck Fleece SweatshirtNulibenna Push Up Two Piece Bikini Swimsuit Candy Patch Padded Swimwear
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Numero00 Women's 2320BLACK Black Cotton TShirtNuoReel Women's Long Sleeve Casual Loose TShirt DressNUX Womens Ladder Cami Shirt