– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Numero00 Women's 2290DENIM bluee Cotton DressNumero00 Women's 2369BLACK Black Cotton TShirtNuoReel Women Push Up Tankini With Panty Two Pieces Swimsuit SetNuvola Pelle Womens Wallet for Ladies Purse in Genuine Nappa Leather with Button 11 Card Slot and Zipper Pockets Dark Brown
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
NUX Womens Network Bra Td Sports Bra
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Nuyu Womens University of Florida Yoga Legging W Mesh Insert Leggings
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
NXY Women's Solid Ruched Tankini Top Swimsuit with Triangle Briefs SXXXLNY Collection Women's Lace HiLow Straight Skirt, Blossom, XLNY Collection Womens Plus Size Solid Long Sleeve Button Down Scallop Placket Blouse BlouseNY Jets Womens Team Casualwear Lounge Yoga Crop Pants
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Ny2 Sportswear Figure Skating Polartec Polar Fleece Jacket with Spangles JS116Ny2 Sportswear Figure Skating Practice Pants with Spangles S115NYDJ Petite Womens Petite Marilyn Straight in Dark Enzyme
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
NYDJ Womens Alinna Leggings in Super Sculpting Denim in BlackNYDJ Womens Ariel Crop Jeans with Contrast Stitch JeansNYDJ Womens Clarissa Ankle Jeans in Stretch Sateen Jeans
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | NOVICA Burgundy Soft Knit Bohemian Drape Poncho, 'Peruvian Roots'? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
NYDJ Womens Jacquard Denim Straight Leg JeansNYDJ Women's Marilyn Straight JeansNYDJ Womens Petite Ami Skinny Jean Jeans
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
NYDJ Womens Petite Petite Size Alina Legging JeansNYDJ Womens Petite Size Marilyn Straight Jeans in Sure Stretch Denim JeansNYDJ Womens Plus Size Ami Skinny Jean with Floral Embroidery Jeans