– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Nanette Nanette Lepore Womens One Shoulder Lace Sheath W Flounce Neckline DressNanette Nanette Lepore Womens Sleeveless Trench Jacket VestNanette Nanette Lepore Womens Ss Cold Shldr Stretch Crepe Heath W Cape DTL DressNanquan Women DoubleBreasted Mid Length Skinny Lapel Trench Coat
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Nanquan Women Solid color Lapel Midi DoubleBreasted Big Pendulum Pea Coats
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Naomi and Nicole 7359 Women's A Little Lace High Waist Long Leg Brief
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
NAPAPIJRI woman shorts N0YHN0NB1 NIQUERO 1 BEIGE 44 BeigeNat Terry Maternity ONeck Evening DressesPregnant Women Party DressNataya CT221 Women's Vintage Inspired Top in IvoryNative Eyewear Unisex Crestone Desert Tort Brown
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Natori Womens Coral Caftan NightgownNatori Women's Feathers Front Close TBack BraNatori Women's Negligee Basic Robe
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Natori Women's Shangri La ChemiseNatori Women's Tranquility with Lace PajamaNatural Caps Women Men Steampunk Bowler Hat Cosplay Glasses Topper Billycock Groom Hats Headwear Dome Topper Luxury Fedora Hat by Original Design Elegant Hats (color Black JD, Size 5758cm)
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Nancy Jayjii Classic Platform Pumps for Women Slipon Round Toe Stilettos Genuine Leather Nude 9.5? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Natural PrivateSpaceHat Straw Hat Women Summer Beach Sun Hats fo,Naturally Nude Wacoal Women's Plus Size How Perfect Full Figure Wire Free BraNauru Flag Winter Thermal Cycling Jersey for Women
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Nautica Women's Lace Up Front with Grommet Detail One Piece SwimsuitNautica Womens Sporty VNeck W Cross Back Tankini Top Swimsuit Tankini TopNavvour Women's Backless Long Sleeve Ruched Bodycon Solid Casual Club Mini Dress