– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Neon Buddha Women's Lapel Collar Jacket Female Short Cotton Coat with Exposed Seams and Large ButtonsNeon Buddha Womens Plus Size Women's Joleen Jacket JacketNeon Buddha Womens Women's Arielle Jacket SweatshirtNeonred XAKALAKA Women's High Waist greenical Striped Maxi Skirt Long Skirts with Pocket
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Neosport Women's 3 2mm XSPAN Backzip Jumpsuit Black 12
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Nessere Women Fashion Casual Solid Zipper Winter Hooded Coat Outwear Hoodies
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Never Forget 9 11 Purse HangerNew ALC Charley, 100% Italian Leather 3Compartment Satchel w Strap WhiskeyNew Balance Women's Determination Bra TopNew Balance Women's Premium Performance Bootcut Pants (Regular)
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
New Black BOSSAND Womens Floral Print Loose Puff Sleeve Kimono Cardigan Lace Patchwork Cover up BlouseNew Christian Dior Gaia PJP KU bluee Shaded Grey bluee SunglassesNew Dot Dash Men's Frequency Sunglasses Steel Glass Black
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
New Fashion Style Women's Leather Jackets Black B14_New Fashion Style Women's Leather Jackets Black L56_New Fashion Style Women's Leather Jackets Red D56_
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | NCAA Nebraska Cornhuskers Polka Dot Travel Mug? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
New Hampshire Flag Winter Thermal Cycling Jersey for WomenNew Ladies Winter Warm Wool Pure Fashion Keep Warm Hat Wool Cap Casual Elegant Top Hat Wild Flower Not Ball for Women Red Beige Brown (color Red, Size Size)New Launch Formal Indian Saree Sari Collection Blouse Wedding Party Wear Ceremony Women Muslim eid 647 23
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
NEW MONT white MB548SF 28R gold GREEN SUNGLASSES RRP420EURONew Peppers Boardstiff Polarized Sunglasses pink Polarized Ice bluee MirrorNew Retro Postman Ladies Long Wallet Card Pack Coin Purse (color Brown) Ladies Purses (color Green)