– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Marblered SweatyRocks Women's Sexy Halter Bikini Set Push Up Padded Cutout Leaves Print Bathing SwimsuitMarc by Marc Jacobs Simple Traditional Wallet,Black,one sizeMarc Jacobs 101 S SunglassesMarc Jacobs Marc 265 s Szj Ivory (habrwn Sf)
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Marc Jacobs Marc224s Oval Sunglasses, CRYCRL BK, 52 mm
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Marc Jacobs Womens 13 Double J Neoprene Computer Case
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Marc Jacobs Women's MARC119S Square SunglassesMarc Jacobs Women's Marc261s Oval Sunglasses BKBLGLTCR 56 mmMarc New York by Andrew Marc Women's CapSleeve FitandFlare DressMarc New York by Andrew Marc Women's Sleeveless Printed Sequin Dress
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Marc New York Performance Womens Keyhole Back Tank W Graphic ShirtMarc New York Performance Womens Short Sleeve Scoop Neck Tee with Graphic ShirtMarc O'Polo Women's Gloria CrossBody Bag
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Marco Tozzi 61008, Women's Satchel, black (Black Comb), 33x23x15 cm (B x H T)Mareine Lisa Hexagon Sunglasses Gorgeous Gradual color Lens Metal FrameTortoise Frame Gradual Green LensMARI CIAS Womens Satin Pajamas Sleepwear Sexy Cami Shorts Pajama Sets (L,White)
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Manduka Women's Wrap Up Leggings? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Maricopyjam Women's Organza Overlay Printed Flowers Flare Ball Gown Long Princess Pageant DressMarie Meili Women's Genevieve Control BriefMarina La whitea Women's Island Goddess Keyhole Halter One Piece Swimsuit
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Marina Rinaldi Women's Base Short Sleeve Keyhole BlouseMarina Rinaldi Women's Iesi R Wonder Fit Jeans Dark WashMarina Rinaldi Women's Ragione Printed Snakeskin Pants Brown