– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Marc Jacobs Women's Rope Aviator SunglassesMarc New York by Andrew Marc Womens Light gold Flutter Sleeve Dress 2Marc New York by Andrew Marc Womens Val Velvet Down Vest JacketMarc New York Performance Womens Hooded Down Alternative Jacket Down Alternative Coat
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Marc New York Performance Womens Print Crop Pant with Adjustable Hem Ties Leggings
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
MARC NEW YORK Women's Printed Fitted Coctail Dress Multicolord
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Marc O'Polo Women's Thirtysix CrossBody BagMarco Tozzi Women's 6101721 WristletMAREINE Cateye Sunglasses Mirrored Lens Metal FrameMARI CIAS ButtonupBlouseWomen (S, White)
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Maricopyjam Women's Double VNeck Pleated Ball Gown Butterfly Long Princess Special DressMaricopyjam Women's Symmetrical Long Trumpet Mermaid Velvet Evening Dress with Beaded TasselMarigold WHLWHL Gleaming VNeckline Long Gown with Beaded Pockets Formal Evening Prom Dresses
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Marina Rinaldi Sport Women's 5971049WHITE White Viscose TShirtMARINA RINALDI Women's Beige Bardana Horse Print Blouse 290 NWTMarina Rinaldi Women's Iesi R Wonder Fit Jeans Dark Wash
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Mara Hoffman Women's Pleated Romper? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Marina Rinaldi Women's Raffa Low Waist Slim JeansMarina Rinaldi Women's Riga Elastic Waist Trousers 22W 31 blueeMarina Threads Women's Tankini Swimsuit Tribal Two Piece Bathing Suit
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Marina Womens Long Embroidered V Front and Back Gown DressMarina Womens Satin Plunge Gown Special Occasion DressMarine LOLE Women's Emeline Jacket