– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
MARSEN Women's off Shoulder Formal Gown Bride Long Sleeve Mermaid Wedding DressMarswoodsen Women Evening Bag Clutch Purse PU Leather Handbag for Wedding Cocktail PartyMarvin Richards NotchCollar Wool Blend Brown Coats, MediumMaryclan Women's Cool Tropical Little Comfort Fit Barely Bootcut Pants
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Marycrafts Women's Office Business Short Sleeve Pencil Midi Dress
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Masakia Women's Cute 3 4 Sleeve ALine O Neck Sweet Pleated Mini Dress
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Masked Brand Victoria Beckham Women's Shift Dress with Bunny CollarMatcha VaniaDress Women Lace Short Sleeves Long Evening Dress Prom Gown V061LFMaterial Girl Womens Fit & Flare Print Tank DressMaternal America Women's Maternity Back Bows Dress
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Maternal America Women's Maternity Ruched TankiniMaternity Casual Don't Eat Watermelon Seeds Letters Tshirt Funny Pregnancy TeeMaternity Short Sleeve Dress Made in USA
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Mathea Women Lingerie V Neck Full Slip Sleepwear Floral Lace Chemise Soft NightgownMatt & Nat Lesada Dwell Tote, Lemonade (Yellow)Matte Cartoon Bear Buckle Korean Version of The Thin Ladies Wallet Female Long Section CrossSection Student Women's Wallet (color bluee) Ladies Purses (color bluee)
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | MariRobe Women's High Split Evening Dress Long Sleeve Double V Neck Prom Dress Formal Party Gown? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Maui Jim Womens Ocean Sunglasses (723) PlasticMauve Multi Lucky Brand Womens Printed Peasant Top ShirtMauwey Women's 3D Floral Beaded Tulle ALine VNeck Prom Dresses Party Formal Gown
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Mavi Jeans Womens Mavi Adriana Petite Mid Rise Super Skinny JeansMavi Womens Petite Ashley Petite Mid TribecaMaweisong Women Jacket Solid Thicker Hood Winter Slim Down Coat Overcoat