– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Maweisong Women's Solid Long Sleeve Blazer with Pants Suit Sets Two Piece OutfitsMaweisong Womens Winter Down Coat with Fur Thicker Embroidery Slim Coat OvercoatMax Alexander Beige Winter Felt Ladies Modern Hat. Latest Fashion.Max Mara MM 1253 blueE HAVANA women Eyewear Frames
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Max Mara Women's Mm Eileen Oval Sunglasses, Black, 46 mm
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Max Mara Women's Mm Ring Cateye Sunglasses BRW HAVAN 55 mm
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Max Studio London Womens Embroidered Shift DressMax Studio London Womens Sleeveless Ruffled Casual DressMax Studio Womens Nicolette Denim Dark Wash JumpsuitMaxGear Slim Wallet Minimalist Front Pocket RFID Blocking Leather Thin Wallet for Men and Women
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
MAXIMGR Baby It's Cold Outside Christmas Baseball TShirt Women 3 4 Sleeve ONeck Splicing Holiday Top TeesMaxine Of Hollywood Womens 3Tiered Scoop Neck Tankini Swimsuit TopMaxMara Womens Green Pocketed Zippered Knee Length Circle Skirt US Size 8
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
MAXSTUDIO Womens Embroidered Cotton BlouseMay Queen by Formal Dress Shops Inc FDS1277 Strapless Bridesmaids Long GownMay Queen MQ1261 Homecoming Semi Formal Short Dress
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Mauve ShopMyTrend Women_s Sleeveless Flowy Midi Summer Beach A Line Tank Dress? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
May Queen MQ1478 Short Sleeve Mother of The Bride DressMay Queen MQ965 Short Bridesmaids DressMaya Brooke Womens Sheer Striped Jacket Dress Plus Dress
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Mayshe Womens Casual Style Genuine Leather Shoulder Crossbody Tote Bags Satchel Purses and Hobo HandbagMAZF VNeck Sweater LongSleeved Shirt SweaterMBJ WJC1004 Womens Casual Inner Fleece Bomber Jacket with Removable Hoodie XS TURQUOISE