– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Max Studio Women's Cotton Gauze Blouse, Ivory SmallMax Studio Women's Sleeveless Lace Trimmed Ruffle Top, Black SMaxi Dress Women Plus Size Tall Full Length Hawaiian Summer Cocktail Extra Long Sexy bluee FloralMaximCreation Women's Royal Fancy Jalabiya Kaftan
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
MAXIMGR Women's Stripe Printed Strap Sleeveless Tie Mini Dress Summer Casual Slim Cami Dress
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Maxine Of Hollywood Womens PlusSize Scoop Neck Side Tie Tankini Swim Dress One Piece Swimsuit One Piece Swimsuit
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
MAXMODA Womens Chemise Sleepwear VNeck Nightgown Full Slip Lace Lounge DressMAXSTUDIO Womens Novelty Jersey Midi Skirt SkirtMay Flower Elegant Evening Dress Silver Long Sequins Party DressesMay Queen MQ1190 Stretchy Prom Evening Gown
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
May Queen MQ1437 Two Piece Prom Dance DressMay Queen MQ578 Sweet 16 Party Short DressMaya Antonia TieDye Sky blueeCoralWhite Maxi Skirt, Extra Long
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Maya Brooke Womens Women's Beaded Sheath Dress with Jacket Plus DressMAYSIX APPAREL 3 4 Sleeve Stretchy Button Down Collar Office Formal Casual Shirt Blouse for Women Fit (XS6XL)MAZF VNeck Sweater LongSleeved Shirt Sweater
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Maweisong Women's Down Jacket Puffer Jacket Lightweight Packable Down Coats? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
MBJ WB876 Womens Knit Culottes Pants XXL BLACKMBSDDH Dress Casual Women Short Sleeve V Neck Geometric Printed Summer Curved Hem Long Maxi Dress GreenMBSDDH Dress Women Floral Printed Ruffle The Shoulder Sheath Ladies Halter Knee Length Work Dress
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
McGinn Womens Maya Pleated Dress RaisinMDRW Female Students Fall Loose Waisted AllMatch Wide Leg Pants Pants Nine Fengpo Hole FlangingMeadow Nine West Womens Plus Size Crepe Skirt with Front Seaming Skirt