– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Dirty Dog Arrow Sunglasses Satin BlackDislax Strapless High Low Homecoming Dresses Cocktail Party DressDisney Mickey Silhouette Oval Pink Canvas PurseDisney Villains Lounge Pants for Women Multi
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Dissa S1719 Women Vintage Sleeveless Midi Cocktail Plus Size Silk Summer Dress
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Dissa S9958 Women Vintage Short Sleeve KneeLong Cocktail Plus Size Silk Summer Dress
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Dissa YL55618 Women Solid Long Sleeve Midi Lace Hollow ALine Evening Party DressDivas SnowGear 97119 Hooded Puffer Womens Jacket , Gender Womens, Primary color Black, Size XS, Distinct Name BlackDixinla Visor Cap Ladies ' rollSide Sunscreen Beach Cap Foldable Sun CapDk.mortar S.L. Fashions Womens Jewel Neck Drape Front Dress
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
DKBridal One Shoulder Slit Prom Dresses Long Satin Bodycon Evening GownsDKBridal Women's Off Shoulder Lace Short Prom Gown Homecoming DressesDKKK Women's Cute Animal Summer Linen Slippers Open Toe NonSlip Rubber Sole House Sandals
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
DKNY Jeans Women's Nature Texture Print Track PantDKNY Women's Acetate Woman Round Sunglasses, Black, 53 mmDKNY Womens Day to Night Work Wear Wide Leg Pants
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | DINGZAN Halter Camo Bridal Reception Prom Quinceanera Dresses? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
DKNY Women's Long Sleeve Top Pajama TopDKNY Women's Pull On PantsDkny Womens WaterfallRuffle Knit Blouse
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
DL1961 Womens Emma Power Denim Medium Wash Skinny JeansDL1961 Women's Jenny Fitted Denim ShirtDl1961 Womens Renee Cutoff Casual Denim Shorts