– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Disney Ladies Pocket Size Mickey Mouse TeeDisney Parks orange Bird Trucker CapDissa F4986 Women Cashmere VNeck Loose Long Sleeve CardiganDissa S8817 Women Vintage Short Sleeve Midi Cocktail Plus Size Silk Summer Dress
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Dissa YL03609 Women Solid Long Sleeve Midi Lace Hollow Cocktail Evening Party Dress
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Distressed pink Belt Nickel Smart Brown Full Grain Leather Belt with Floral Pattern & Nickel Free Buckle 38
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Divy Tex Net Saree (Kt3118_Pink)Dixinla Wood Sunglasses Travel Personality Outdoor Polarized UV Predection Round Frame Ladies Sunglasses GogglesDKaren Women Gina Soft Red Dressing GownDKBridal Sweetheart Quinceanera Dresses Beaded Ball Gown Pageant Dress
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
DKBridal Women's Ruched Tulle Homecoming Cocktail Dresses Sequins Short Bridesmaid Prom DressesDKNY Abstract Print Sheath DressDKNY Lounge Favorites Short Sleeve Top (2413433)
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
DKNY Women's Acetate Woman Sunglass RoundDKNY Womens Denim TieDye Hem Cropped JeansDKNY Womens Long Sleeves Dressy OneButton Blazer
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | DINGZAN Mermaid Satin and Camo Wedding Party Dresses Floor Length? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
DKNY Womens Pull On Officewear Ankle PantsDKNY Womens Twisted VNeck ShirtdressDL1961 Women's Emma Denim Legging in Spur
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
DL1961 Womens Hepburn High Rise Wide Leg JeansDL1961 Women's Petite Amanda Skinny In MoscowDMM HB Brass Offset, Size 2, Red by DMM