– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Dollhouse Women's bluee Dusk Denim ShortallDolphin Shirt Co Los Angeles Circle Print Cropped Hoodie BlackDommyDesign Ball Gown Quinceanera Prom Dress Ruffles Long 2019 Floral Applique Sweetheart for WomenDomple Womens Classic One Button Long Business Long Sleeve Slim Blazer
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Dondup Women's MCBI24795 Brown Cotton Tank Top
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Dongba Women Sexy Satin Floral Chemise Lingerie Nightgown Lace Patchwork Mesh Sleeepwear Nightdress with GString
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
women Karan Womens Boucle colorblock Cardigan Sweaterwomen Karan Womens Sleeveless Ruffled Cocktail Dresswomen Morgan Womens Button Front Jumpsuit Jumpsuitwomen Morgan Womens Floral Jersey Wrap Dress Casual Dress
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
women Morgan Womens Off Shoulder Dress Dresswomen Morgan Womens Short Sleeve Embroidered Dress Dresswomen Morgan Womens Sleevless Seamed Woven Dot Jacquard Fit & Flare Dress
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
women Ricco Womens Metallic Embroidered Sheath Formal Night Out DressDonny Brook Women's Wallet (bluee Polka Dots)Doodle Strappy Back vivicoco Women's Sports Bras Low and Medium Impact Yoga Sports Bra
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Dnavy bluee Miusol Women's Vintage Audrey Hepburn Style 1940's Rockabilly Evening Dress? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Dora Bridal Women Jean Jackets with Hoodie Boyfriend fit Oversize Denim JacketDora Bridal Women's Hilo Organza Sweet 16 Prom Dresses White High Low Evening GownDoramode Zyyfly Women's Summer Tie Front VNeck Spaghetti Strap ALine Backless Beach Swing Maxi Dress
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Dormencir Women's One Shoulder A Line Organza Sequin Long Prom Evening DressesDote Women's Nursing Stacy DressDotoo MidLength Ladies Winter Wear Thick 70% White Duck Down Casual Loose Down Jacket