– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Deep bluee Royal Robbins Women's Alpine Road PantsDeep Curra NYDJ Womens Petites Ami Velvet Special Occasion LeggingsDeep Ink GUESS Womens Long Sleeve Rhinestone Logo Holly Sweater SweaterDeep Plum Casual Moments Women's Wrap Robe
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Deep Rubi QUICHUA ARTISANAL Handmade Peruvian Striped Alpaca Poncho
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Deepblack INC Womens Embellished Knit Sweater
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Defal Womens Long Sleeve Round Neck QuickDry Top TShirts Loose Gym Sports with Thumb Holes Pockets Comfortable Tunic BlouseDel Rossa Women's Cotton Pajamas, Long Woven Pj SetDelicate Dragonfly Foldable Retractable Purse Bag Handbag Hook Hanger HolderDelisa Indian Pakistani Sharara Palazzo Style Salwar Suit for Women Maisa N
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Delta Gamma Sgoldrity Deluxe Embroidered Graduation StoleDemetory Womens Summer Short Sleeve TShirts Scoop Neck Lace Basic Tee TopsDemocracy Womens 30 10 Ab Solution Jegging Distressed Luxe Touch Premium Jeans
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Democracy Women's Itty Bitty Bootcut Jean with “Ab”Solution TechnologyDemocracy Womens PlusSize S S Cold Shoulder Pleated Front Hankey Hem TankDemon&Hunter 8023 Series Women's color Denim Short
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Dearta Women's Ball Gown Sweetheart FloorLength Laceup Tulle Quinceanera Gowns? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Denim 156 0RD6 00 TortoiseDenim Darn Tough Women's Merino Wool Hiker 1 4 Sock Cushion 6 Pack SpecialDenmark Short Sleeve Cycling Jersey for Women All Sizes Available Size L by ScudoPro
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Dequanrong Lady Silk shawl Thin silk scarf send family friend Perfectly expresses unique temperament Fashion Scarf for WomenDerek Heart Womens Surplice Tank Romper W Ruffle JumpsuitDeruj Cornish Rex Cat Face Print Women's Bath Robe