– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Didriksons Thelma Womens Parka 2 Peat 34Diesel Women's Jeans Sandy 667E Regular Slim StraightDiesel DL5157 090 Eyeglasses in Matte Marine bluee Mustard Size 58 17 150Diesel Women's DeShozee Short in Light Tone Shade Treatment
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Diesel Women's Skinzee 679P Denim Jeans
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Different Touch 4 Pairs Women Travelers, AntiFatigue, Graduated Compression Knee High Socks 911
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
DII Tickled Pink Women's Elegent Solid Cotton Poncho, Slate bluee, ONE Size FITS MostDillo Leather Motorcycle Bomber Biker Red Real Leather Jacket for WomenDingkun A summer cap, straw hat sunshade Beach Hat fisherman's hat.Dingkun Hat the girl visor along the perimeter of the cap sun hat sun hat beach hat cool cap summer beach hat
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
DINGZAN 2017 Sweetheart Sheath Mermaid Lace Bridal Dresses for Wedding LongDINGZAN Cute Lace and Tulle Evening Cocktail Prom Homecoming Dreses ShortDINGZAN Halter Camo Bridal Reception Prom Quinceanera Dresses
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
DINGZAN Mermaid Formal Wedding Reception Mother of the Bride Dress with SleevesDINGZAN Puffy Tulle Tea Length Prom Homecoming Dresses with AppliqueDINGZAN Strapless Camo and Tulle Prom Dresses Floor Length
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | DianSheng Luxury Lace Dream Dress Beaded Wedding Dress Bridal Prom Dress CK104? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
DINGZAN Vintage Jewel Neck Mermaid Formal Party Bridesmaid Dresses PageantDinosaur Pastel CowCow Womens Dinosaur Ptepinkur Silhouettes Pattern Leggings, XS5XLDior DIORAMA020CST Black bluee 51mm womens
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
DISBEST Women's Midi Dresses Elastic Off Shoulder Horn Sleeve Slim Party Evening DressDisney Minnie Mouse Juniors Long Sleeve SweatshirtsDissa LHA82085 Women Short Sleeve Mini ALine Denim Summer Dress Party Dress