– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Pivaconis Women's Casual Plaid Long Sleeve Blazer Coat 2 Pieces Business Suit SetsPivaconis Women's Qipao Cheongsam Silk Slim Fit Elegant Split Traditional Long DressPixley Liverpool Womens Perry Slim Boyfriend with Side Studs in Vintage Super Comfort Stretch Denim in PixleyPJ Harlow Kimber Long French Terry Wide Leg Pant with Satin Stripes
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
PJ Harlow Womens Rock Cotton Long Sleeve V Shape Tunic Pajama Top
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
PJ Salvage Womens Drink Alike Pj Set Pajama Set
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
PJ Salvage Womens Naturally Grey Reversisble Snowflake Poncho BathrobePJ Salvage Womens Standard I Woof You PantPJ Salvage Women's Vintage Floral Print ShortPJK Patterson J. Kincaid Adri Cheetah Print Slip Dress, orange, XSmall
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Plahta Black Woolen Oversize Dress Vyshyvanka Miracle TreePlaid Wool Coat Women 2018 Winter Autumn Long Coat Elegant TurnDown Collar Woolen Outwears Loose Padded JacketPlains and Prints Womens Aloha Skirt
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Plains and Prints Womens Countess Sleeveless DressPlains and Prints Womens Riviera Jobson CulottesPlan B Fashionista Tie Dye VNeck Asymmetrical Shark Bite Tank
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Pinspark Women's Work Office Blazer Solid Zipper Cardigan Jacket? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Platinum With pink Hollow Sequins & Black Crystal Eyeglass Chain Holder Strap for Reading glasses & Sunglasses with Swarovski CrystalPleione Linen Tied Back Flared Solid Tunic Dress In Long SleevePlenty by Tracy Reese Women's CapSleeve Shift Dress
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Plenty Womens Strapless Midi Dress DressPLLP Comfortable Home Pajamas Shop Cotton with Pockets Bathrobe Bathrobes 100% Polyester Fiber Long Sleeve Thicken Long Section Ms Pajamas Winter Hooded Keep Warm Pajamas Can Be Worn Outside HiPLLP Comfortable Home Pajamas Shop Cotton with Pockets Bathrobe Upscale Cotton Lapel Hotel Bathrobes Men Pajamas Beauty Salon Bath Clothes Men's and Women's Home Clothes