– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Polaroid Sunglasses Women's Pld4046s Rectangular, Havana Brown Polarized, 55 mmPolaroid X8406S Polarized Rectangular SunglassesPolka Dot Sinamay Fascinator BlackPolo PH 2057 Eyeglasses Styles Shiny Black Frame w NonRx 53 mm Diameter Lenses,
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Polo Ralph Lauren Pleated HighRise Shorts
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Polo Ralph Lauren Womens Big Pony Skinny Fit Polo Shirt
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Polo Ralph Lauren Women's Plastic Woman Sunglass Square, Shiny Black, 54 mmPolyester Cotton Bench Pillow Shells Case Zippered colorful Stain Resistant Pillowcover 16x24 InchPool bluee Ramy Brook Womens Athena Wide Leg Slit Pant Swimwear CoverUpPopestarGhost B.C. 2 Women's Long Hooded Black
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Poppy Velvet Womens Jilian Originals Tee TShirtPorcelain Joie Womens Tabara Dress DressPort Authority Ladies Core Soft Shell Vest
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Port Authority Women's Waterproof colorblock 3 in 1 JacketPortsvy Women's Lace Applique Long Sleeves Tulle Ball Gown Wedding Dresses Bridal GownPouch Vintage Glam Leather Handbag
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Poland Coin CufflinksGenuine Grozsy CoinsPolish gift 100% Satisfaction Guarantee? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Power Stretch Dark Silver Jeans Co. Womens Plus Size Suki MidRise Curvy Bermuda Short Denim ShortsPrada PR 15RV Eyeglasses TKO1O1 PinkPrada Round Baroque Sunglasses in Havana PR 27NS 2AU6S1 55 PR 27NS 2AU6S1 55
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Prada Women's PR 16RS Black Grey Gradient, 56mmPrAna Halle Straight Tall InseamPrAna Women's Cassidy Capri Pant