– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Pam & Gela Women's Cold Shoulder TeePam & Gela Womens Open Back Sweatshirt SweatshirtPampered Pets Women's ShortSleeve VNeck Tee Logo on Front, Black, MediumPANACHE Women's Savannah Bikini Swim Top
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Pandapang Women Faux Fur Hooded Puffer Stylish Winter Down Overcoat Coat
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Pandapang Women's Casual Open Front Outwear Lapel Fall Winter MidLong Trench Coat
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Pandapang Womens Faux Fur Hooded Zipup Down Coat Parka Jacket OutwearPandapang Womens Plus Size Quilted Parka Jacket Fur Hooded Down CoatPandapang Women's Vogue Zip Slim Fit Coat Faux Leather Moto Rivet JacketPandapangCA Women's Belt Sleek Smooth Windproof Lapel Neck Silk Pocket Slit Trenchcoats Jacket
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Panini Impex Designer Wrap Around Cotton Skirt for Girls India ClothingPantone orange RaanPahMuang Bright Arrowhead African Dashiki Traditional Cut Front Collar ShirtPaper Crown Womens Camden Ruffle Detail Romper Dress
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Papijam Womens Oversize Hooded Fleece Sherpa Jacket Parka Coat OvercoatParadizia Bug Party Balconette BikiniParfait by Affinitas Estelle Red Merlot Hipster Brief P5235
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Pajamas Cotton Girls Home Set Autumn and Winter New Warm Lapel Home Clothing Sleep & Lounge (color Pink, Size L)? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Paris Hilton Women Pink SandalsParker Smith Womens Bombshell High Rise Skinny golden Gate JeansParker Womens Creed Combo Sleeveless Silk High Neck Blouse Blouse
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Parker Womens Karmine Embroidered Halter Party DressParker Womens Paige Knit Dress DressParker Womens Williame Dress Dress