– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Pandapang Women's Striped Pocket Linen Lightweight Classic Tracksuit Blazer JacketsPandapang Womens Winter Slim Hooded Lightweight Puffer Long Down CoatsPandapangCA Womens Cut Off Spell color Broken Hole Lapel Jean Denim Jacket CoatPanhandle Womens Pink Stripe Button Down Shirt
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Panreddy Women's Cashmere Knitted Crewneck Short Sleeve Sweaters HA02
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Papaya Art Small Tassel Pouch
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Paper Dolls Womens Ladies Lace Trim Fluted DressPapijam Womens Stylish Wool Blend Flare Sleeve Double Breasted Belted PeacoatParadise Woolx Mia Tee Merino Wool TShirt for Women Lightweight Wicks Moisture Repels OdorParfait by Affinitas Alexis Black Babydoll 8608
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Parfait Women's Boyshorts, Casey 2805Parisbonbon Women's 100% Cashmere Turtleneck SweaterParker Women's Andover FitandFlare Jacquard Dress
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Parker Womens Elijah Short Sleeve Ruffled VNeck Dress DressParker Womens Kitts Flutter Sleeve Wrap Front Top BlouseParker Womens Paige Knit Dress Dress
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Pale Pinkish Grey Clothink Women's Congreenible Wrap Multi Way Party Long Maxi Dress? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Parker Womens Valentino Blouse BlouseParty Bodycon Dress Women Off Shoulder Ruffles Summer bluee Robe Black Sexy Maxi DressesPashmina Scarfs Shawls And Wraps For Women Type 1
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Passat Beaded Mermaid Pleated Wedding GownPassat Discount Lace Wedding DresPassat Lace Applique Turtleneck Wedding Dresses