– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Paprika bluees Women's Sleeveless Ruffle Hem Sundress Beach CoverupParadizia Womens Enjoy Triangle Bikini SetParfait by Affinitas Estelle Black Balconet Bra P52312Parfait P5488 Women's Adriana Sky bluee Lace NonWired Chemise Babydoll
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Parisbonbon Women's 100% Cashmere Crew Neck Sweater
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Parker Smith Women's Ava Skinny Marina
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Parker Womens Beverly Combo Dress DressParker Womens Estella Top BlouseParker Womens Kerry Knit Dress DressParker Womens Natalie Silk Floral Print Party Dress
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Parker Womens Sonny Dress DressParsley & Sage Women's Celeste Fancy Tunic TopPARTY LADY Women's Sexy Tube Top Strapless Split Wide Leg Jumpsuits Rompers
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Pashmina Straight Salwar Kameez Suit Dupatta Party Wear BridalPassat Black Lace Corset Prom DressPassat Discount Lace Wedding Dres
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Pandapang Women's DoubleBreasted Overcoat Autumn Notched Lapel Jacket Trench Coat? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Passat Kardashian Wedding Belts And Sashes For DressPassat Long Sleeved Bridal DressesPassat Muslim Wedding Favors Dress For Girls
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Passat Purple Plus Size Wedding DressPassat Sleeve Tea Length Wedding DressPassat Wedding Dress For The Beach