– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Pcutrone Women's Woolen Lapel Fall Winter Double Breasted Plus Size Long Jacket CoatPeach bluesh Three Dots Womens Shania TShirtPeach Free People Womens Button Fly Lace Trim Denim ShortsPeach Multi Lucky Brand Womens Plus Size Bib Embroidered Peasant Top Shirt
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Peach VaniaDress Women Halter Sleeveless Long Evening Dress Formal Gowns V266LF
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Peachy Tan Sportech Striped Mesh Jacket
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Peacock CaliaDress Women Tulle Appliques Long Bridesmaid Dress Prom Evening Gowns C002LFPeacock RTTUTED Satin Beaded Long Prom Gown with Pockets for Formal Wedding Dress EveningPear Young Fabulous & Broke Womens Saga Pant PantsPearl Izumi Ride Women's Pro Leader Shorts
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Pearl Izumi 2015 Women's PRO Leader Jersey Black WhitePearl iZUMi Women's Elite Pursuit Short Sleeve JerseyPearl Izumi Women's Transfer 3Quarter Pant
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Pearl PUMA Womens En Pointe Logo Bra M Sports BraPearlBridal Women's Appliques Long Sleeves Mermaid Prom Dresses Lace Long Evening Party GownsPearlBridal Women's Sexy V Neck Satin Off Shoulder Long Prom Dresses Formal Gowns with High Split
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | PattyBoutik Women's Pleated Cross Front Ruched Blouse? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Pebble Tribal Womens Century Twill Front Fly Pant Casual PantsPenbrooke Womens Lady Lace Double Tier Tankini Tankini TopPendleton Women's Collarless Plaid Coat
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Pendleton Womens Petite Malin Pant PantsPendleton Womens Stripe TShirt Dress Casual DressPENER Women Wine Red Long Trench Coat Woolen Single Breasted Walker